Thread: Belgariad/Mallorean WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default Belgariad/Mallorean WIP

Hey folks ... I hadn't intended to post this until I could put it in the finished section, but I find that I've become slightly addicted to the feedback on here. This map is probably my last book-map-as-gift; it's for my aunt who requested a Belgariad/Mallorean map for her wall, "like your mom's Middle Earth map" -- and since my aunt has been supplying me with books my whole life, I figured I owed her

So this is ALMOST done ... As I was tweaking the labels I found a couple cities for which I had forgotten the label, plus the label for Dariya is annoyingly overlapping the Ancient Mallorea tag. And I've got to make a compass/cartouche for it.

All I'm really looking for is impressions, nothing's really striking me as a problem area. It's more along the lines of "am I missing something that the Guild folks would catch?" I'm also slightly nervous about the mountains, as they're a new style for me.

// Edit: Oh, and I realize the top edge looks funky -- I'll be cropping that off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddings.jpg 
Views:	2277 
Size:	4.65 MB 
ID:	26599