Thread: Would this work in a society?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wow, good stuff if you ask me, but a few ideas popped into my head and maybe might point you in the right direction.

1. Soldiers - The city or who ever either A. are volunteers, or B. the town has a Tax of goods meaning for ever 20 units of rice 1 rice goes to the city storage kind of a deal, thus they get a supply for defending the city etc etc.

2. Healers, and other non material creators, along the same lines as a Soldier, but for their services they receive a payment of goods, its not like someone would want to screw a healer out of their payment if they are going to be dying =D. But also to address the servants, they should have lodging on the homes they work on, and because of the service they provide, the master of the house feeds them and lodges them, where on their own they probably wouldn't get anywhere (lack of skills maybe?) So in turn thats their payment unless they do some type of labor on the side or service to gain other materials for their needs/wants (outside of the masters stuff)

3. Has to do with the Iron, or bags of Iron etc. If its suppose to be equal or more than gold, and the area has a decent amount of it to be mined, those prospectors and miners are going to be your nobility. Cause if its fairly common, and super expensive, that means weapons and other trinkets are going to cost a fortune. You did express this, but I find it would still be hard to have a more "common" material be more than gold. But however if its scarce in the land and they must import it, now thats a totally different story.

Anyways just my 2 cents, might help might not... but good luck!
    Last edited by Yandor; 07-14-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!