Thread: Some random Skirmish maps I'm working on

Guild Applicant

Default Some random Skirmish maps I'm working on

This is my first post here, but I'm really amazed by the artwork presented at this site. Therefore, I decided to try my hand at making my own skirmish maps for my D&D minis. The maps are both 20x12 inches at 150 dpi.
    The objects in the desert map were modelled by me in 3D studio max. These models are part of a mod I've been working on for Oblivion called Sands of destiny. For anyone interested, I'll post the link to the main website.

Anyway, the point of the thread is of course to show what I'm working on, so here goes:

Crossing the Creek

Ancient Desert Shrine - still WIP

I've made optional grid overlays for both maps, but left them out for display purposes here.
    Criticism welcome

I like the Desert Map!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

The desert texture looks beautiful. The sandcovered tiles also look great. Cool stuff!

Really interesting takes on skirmish maps. They seem a lot more alive than anything I'll ever make.

Edit: Do you mind posting some versions with grid on them and a version of the Passing the Creek map without the starting areas on it so it can find use in a roleplaying game?
    Last edited by Avengeil; 09-07-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: I wanted to add something more

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    Really interesting takes on skirmish maps. They seem a lot more alive than anything I'll ever make.

Edit: Do you mind posting some versions with grid on them and a version of the Passing the Creek map without the starting areas on it so it can find use in a roleplaying game?
    Absolutely. The Starting Areas will also be optional in the final downloads.

They are both nice but the desert one is really looking great. The way you have the sand ripples and then going over the tile floor really came out well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt