Thread: Oakfall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Arhan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eilathen : Thankyou this one is hopefully done, but if you're asking if I'm working on more maps, I have a new one being checked for composition and concept. ♥

Diamond : Ah I'm glad if it works, I was wondering if it'd look too much like mold >.> thanks!

arsheesh : Hahaha thank you!

Bogie : Thank you! I tried to keep it autumny and warm

Hai-Etlik : I see what you mean with rivers/ bodies of water, the text are mostly adjusted to land (colors), so they do look pretty lost on dark blue-brown. Should be easy enough to fix. The curvey texts are made with text to path, I did all the naming with AI CS3/4.. so I don't get how it would look rotated.

About the borders.. I've tried several variations. Solid/ornate frame borders, no borders, etc, and all other didn't look as good as the initial design. There's a space on the left that is too wide to be borderless/ free from graphical elements; frame border would only aggravate the problem, while cropping it makes the plaque and sea look imbalanced. This border follows the rough sketch pretty closely, and as far as I can tell, seems to work best. Zooming in, I noticed a few jagged lines and smoothed some of them, I hope that would help the pasted-on look you mentioned.

Here's slightly larger, edited map:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oakfall_by_Obliro-large.jpg 
Views:	27125 
Size:	702.9 KB 
ID:	49286  
    Last edited by Arhan; 10-24-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Finished Maps: OakfallHand-drawn Battlemaps

Quote Originally Posted by Obliro View Post
    Eilathen : Thankyou this one is hopefully done, but if you're asking if I'm working on more maps, I have a new one being checked for composition and concept. ♥
    Well, a new one is also good. Looking forward to it.
    But, i was talking about fleshing out the rest of this world Why? Well, with this map...there's so much hinted at of the parts that are adjacent to Oakfall...it makes me curious as hell
    Btw, is there also a history to Oakfall (i mean flavour text fleshing out the setting)? Or is this "just" a map?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars