Thread: Hail and well met from Dark Wolf Studio's aka Wulfgarn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some of this stuff goes back a few years

Welcome, Wulfgarn! I imagine it's a great thrill to be working with Gary Gygax!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Wow great stuff!!!

I love the black and white spider. Beautiful work, darkwolf.

Did you use photoshop to make the map? I love the little pillow emboss around the edges of the waterways. What looks a little strange to me (although there may be a 'game' reason for it) is that all the buildings are point either NS or EW. The colour choices in the map really work for me.

The buildings - I have to be honest - I have not figured out how to tilt shapes in photo shop- if you know how to do that I would be really grateful

Martin

PS in fact I am a little photoshop blind - still learning what the various functions do and more especially the terminoligy

Heh

Learning how to tilt buildings in photoshop is easily done.

Have a look at the tutorials on Lyzardstomp's website. It's not mapping but if you go through them, you will very quickly pick up how to create certain effects (rotation of objects being one of them). See in particular this tutorial for learning how to rotate.

I learnt more about how to use photoshop for drawing things (rather than manipulating photos) from this site than I have from any other.

Ravs

Post rotating in PS...

Simple: go to Image in the Toolbar at the top, follow the dropdown menu to image/rotate - you can rotate by 10ths or hundredths of degrees, or flip horizontally or vertically.

You'll have to make sure you are using a transparent format like PNG or GIF, otherwise the background will not rotate with the rest of the image.

Its much easier importing your images to a vector app in order to composite your map - no raster rotation required, just click and rotate the corner arrows (but I'm confusing you - you can't do this in PS)
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Photoshop I usually prefer Ctrl-T for free transform...lets me scale, rotate, skew, etc...all in one mode.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin