I've never played the previous editions of Gamma World, but I picked up the last boxed set Wizards put out a few months ago. My group had a good time with it, but the system didn't really seem right for a longer-term campaign. It's fun, but I agree with you - looking for something a bit darker for a longer term campaign. d20 Darwin's World seems like a good fit, rules-wise, and I'm busy concocting a world. Trying out an Obsidian Portal wiki to help me with the world-building. I'll put a link up once I get it a bit more fleshed out, for anyone interested in a wall o' text.

And yeah, I can see the font complaint. I think the one I was using, Blackadder, has more of a 'Western' vibe, than I was going for anyhow. I was trying to get away from my personal standby for fantasy mapping, Caslon Antique. I love that font, but that is probably just due to the nostalgia connection of it being all over everything in the Heroquest board game I had when I was a kid. Found one called Postnuclear, appropriately enough. I like it a bit better. Easier to read at any rate. Trimmed out some of the excessive labeling, and then compulsively added some more in different areas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jakob's Cross2.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	584.8 KB 
ID:	31777

Thoughts?