Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: January 2011 Challenge: The Coreroads of the Bergan Dwarves

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Ooh, yes, I like that!

Thanks Gidde I think I'm still going to try adding some watercolour-ish looking stuff to that sea. It's decent but still needs some work. Trying to get inspiration for Fungoids by googling for fungus pictures was mostly a fail, so I'm going to go look through those handy dandy monster manuals for inspiration instead

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by moutarde View Post
    Thanks Gidde I think I'm still going to try adding some watercolour-ish looking stuff to that sea. It's decent but still needs some work. Trying to get inspiration for Fungoids by googling for fungus pictures was mostly a fail, so I'm going to go look through those handy dandy monster manuals for inspiration instead
    Trying looking at the myconid, or just doing a Google image search for it.

Thanks Pindercarl I came across those guys, and just looking at the pictures was enough to inspire me for quite a few baddies. Just have to think along the lines of what happens when fungus goes wrong?

Started off by drawing the humanoid-like fungi first. The first is a dwarf who has inhaled fungoid spores. The spores kill him and then control the body from inside, while feeding on it as well. The naked obese man (never thought I would draw that for this map!!) is the next stage of the infected dwarf. The spores have grown much larger inside, so that the host body can barely contain it anymore. At the end of that stage, the body finally bursts and the mature fungoid emerges to terrorize even more dwarves (the emergent fungoid hasn't been drawn yet). The third humanoid is a fungoid that was purposefully evolved, with the goal of being able to use dwarven weapons against the dwarves.

Still to be drawn are two quadruped fungoids, as well as the basic worker drone fungoid - who is the main source of the inhalable spores.

Might have to shrink the pictures a little bit, not much room for them at the moment

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bergan Coreroads.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	32541  

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I agree; this is truly cool.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks guys The illustrations are slowing me down, but they're almost done now. I figure I'm on track to get everything finished with about 3 seconds to spare

Good luck. Looking good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast