Found a picture of a ship's compass in a Sunday Magazine and made this based on it. Please feel free to use it for your maps.
That looks fantastic - but though I don't wish to be a kill joy, I presume by 'based on' there is some potential copyright problems with it if one were to use it in a commercial map - or is this your 3D work ? If it is, then scratch my warning and have some kudos cos it looks like a scan of a photo.
No copyright problems at all. It was all done in Serif Drawplus from scratch (2D), I'm chuffed you think it looks like a scan of a photo!
Lol, thanks. Drawplus is becoming my first port of call when I want to draw anything these days. (I'm a Fanboi, I know )
Here are some to share down with your mates at the lab, Torstan:
- · The tachyon leaves. The bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here." A tachyon walks into a bar.
- · Heisenberg was a awful lover. Whenever he had the right position he never had the right speed, whenever he had the energy he never had the time.
- · Some helium floats into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve noble gases here." The helium doesn't react.
- · A neutron saunters up to the bar and orders a drink. "How much?" he asks, bartender says, "for you, no charge."
- · A superconductor walks into a bar. The bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here." The superconductor leaves without any resistance.
- · entropy ain't what it used to be.
- · A neutrino walks into a bar. The bartender says "We don't serve your kind here." The neutrino says I'm just passing through."
- · A Higgs boson walks into a church. The priest says "your kind isn't welcome here". The boson replies: "but without me, how can you have mass?'
- · An atom walks into a bar, orders a beer, takes one sip, and breaks down in tears. The bartender comes over and says, "Hey pal, whatsa matter?" Atom says, "I think I just lost an electron!" Bartender says, "Are you sure?" Atom says, "Yeah, I'm POSITIVE!"
- · A Redditor searches for jokes about superstrings, but only finds a bunch of long threads.
Kudos indeed - Im impressed greatly ! How do you get the environment reflection in the boss of the needle in Drawplus then ? I have to load in an env map which I normally get from Debevcs site but thats a faff. Do you have a good way or is it built in with some cool option ?
It's dead simple. Drawplus comes bundled with reflection maps which you can apply to an object to get a reflective finish. I've just checked and it doesn't look like you can add your own custom ones though
If you look at the screenie, on the left is the menu of (mostly) raster effects you can apply. One of which is the reflection map where you can choose the map, the opacity and the blend mode. On the right are 'pre-made' effects which employ various effects (drop shadow, procedural fills, colour fills, 3d lighting effects etc) from the menu on the left (you can save your own custom pre-made effects here).
Awesome Ravs... would it be possible to post one without the needle?
My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Ghoraja Juun, my largely stagnated campaign setting.
Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.