Thread: February 2011 Challenge Entry: Choices

Default February 2011 Challenge Entry: Choices

I don't think I'll have enough time to really do anything in-depth, but I thought I'd fiddle with some more 3D and the my new renderer. At least it will be good practice!

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doors.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	420.9 KB 
ID:	33608  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe fun idea... and you are allready a lot further with your map than me
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks tilt! I am sure you'll catch up! You always turn out cool stuff. Honestly, I don't really expect to win, but I thought it would be fun to keep practicing my 3D work. I am getting more and more interested in it, and I think it is simply due to liking shadows and being too lazy to calculate where they would fall when drawing by hand. Anyway, I don't know what else I'll be adding here, except maybe labeling and torches or something... Suggestions welcome!

What's your new renderer? This looks great so far.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you're getting pretty good at that 3D stuff - I should practice it myself - I can see many cool applications of it... perhaps when I retire *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Jaxilon - I am still doing all my modeling work in Sketchup, and I downloaded the free renderer 'Kerkythea.' I figured if I ever wanted to make progress, I'd have to start fiddling around with more complicated 3d software, so this is me dipping my toes in the pool and seeing how it feels.

Tilt - thanks! I would love to take some classes and learn the more complicated stuff (3DStudios Max, Maya, things like that) whenever I get a chance--maybe after I move back to the states in a month or two. If all goes well, I hope to do more. I'll be sure to throw it all up on here!

Oh if you want to pick up more advanced 3D stuff I would suggest maya -- its pretty user friendly. I learned how to use it after just a few tutorials. also wow thats from sketch up? I should fiddle with that program some more XD