Thread: Pseudo-Faerun Style Earth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks Immolate I decided to go with the faerun-style mountains mostly out of pure laziness. Because the map is stereographic, the mountains would have to tilt to follow along the latitude lines, rather than just lining up horizontally. I found that kinda daunting But looking at it now, I'm also worried that doing the mountains different could end up cluttering things even more.

It might also be the more realistic-looking land colouring mixed with cartoonish moutains and forests that's bothering me... But I know that I don't really want to go down the swiss relief road...

My original thought for this was to go with a more antique-looking, muted colour style, like I did with the coreroads map. But when I ran into the stereographic mountain issue I decided to try something new (for me), but it's just starting to feel like a disaster, though I don't really want to give up on it completely yet...

Edit: Looking at the map this morning, the mountains would probably look better if the 'scar-looking' bits were closer in colour to underlaying colour. And I'm sure the forests just need more attention and loving (I hope!). I might just be being too critical of this thing...
    Last edited by moutarde; 02-19-2011 at 11:58 AM.