Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Building

Default Adventure Building

Here's something I've been thinking about for a while. I wonder what the guild members would think about co-opping a full-blown adventure module--everything from plot elements, npc design, and, of course, lots and lots of maps. I should think that the end result would be something that could rival any professionally published product, given the talent that lives here.

I'd personally like to see a D&D4e product, just because that's what I play and what I know, though there would have to be precautions in place to avoid any copyright snafus. Even still, I don't think that's terribly complicated to do. It'd be really great if we could build one adventure and stat it out for multiple systems (D&D4e and Pathfinder, for instance).

Anyone interested in discussing this further?

-IG

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a great idea. (could give me an excuse for all the writing that I do here.. )
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I've been thinking about this as well. For one I would like to learn more about what all would be needed to put something like this together. I've done some project management in my past life so I can sort of imagine how things might work but there is nothing like the real thing.

I was thinking more of a generic product however that could be used for whatever system you prefer. I'm not sure what specifics would be different for 4E vs say GURPS but it seems like so long as you make the encounters right you should be able to plug in whatever creature details you wanted. Story is story.

Anyway, just saying I think it would be an interesting project. We might have too many mappers though so it would probably be map heavy, LOL.

In fact, I think I sent someone in charge around here a pm asking about any sort of issues we might need to consider if we wanted to attempt such an endeavor here.

I'm cool with creating something that is free but it might be nice if we had a link on it so people who felt inclined could make a donation to the guild to support this community. In which case, it might encourage us to make a few more.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've always wondered why we haven't done it before. Gamerprinter is the only one I know of attempting something like this and he's goin solo on it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I thought mearin also was doing something like this too. Also solo however.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'd totally be interested ... and I think we actually have a decent amount of writers around, folks who've joined us to make maps for novels and things. And LOTS of DMs

I certainly would want to participate!

What a fantastic response! What do we need to so to get a project like this off the ground?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Some stories, maps to go with them, an editor, and an organizer to keep everything together. It might be easier to pick a few maps and have stories written for said maps since we have plenty of maps but few stories.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ok, let's do this. We can start with a simple regional map, something with a few towns and villages and maybe some other interesting elements. Maybe that'll spur some ideas and then we can dive in a little deeper. I think it'd be great if someone made a new map for this (that is what this site is about, after all), but I suppose if someone had one they wanted to donate, that'd work too. I would think that it would need to be editable though, to maybe add a town here, or extend a river there, as needed to fit the story.

Anyone want to volunteer for that one?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast