I have made a few attempts, but each time I keep finding other stories I want to tell which predate it, so any works done thus far have been archived for future reference.

The long and short of it is a boy who joins a Roman Legion-esque style army called the Emissars to help support his family going through some difficult times, and the several trilogies follow him throughout his life as he takes on various roles and their challenges. He becomes an Emissar, then a marauder (which is sort of like a forward-scout), then leaves combat to become an administrative assistant for a provincial governor, then a mercenary, then works as a master-of-arms for the capital city's reformed constabulary, then gets involved with an underground movement. All on the backdrop of this particular country's civil strife and the growing threat of (and eventual war with) a large western aggressor. After all that, I might have a sixth-saga in me which involves a natural catastrophe that reshapes the world forever.

I am trying to make it a very individual experience, basically a guy who is just trying to help his family survive as best he can while dealing with his immediate problems. Just an ordinary guy who finds himself in some situations which demand extraordinary measures, whether good or bad. There is no magic in my world (beyond perceptions of it), but there are elves, dwarves and other bits and bobs.