Thread: Map of Fantasy Setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello.

I am a CC3 user (it's all I really use), and I would be happy to help you out if you are interested.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Default Success!

Hello again everyone

Just posting to say I'm VERY happy with the work done by RecklessEnthusiasm!

There are a lot of fantasy novels with maps out there, so I had a lot of ideas rolling around in my head --- some were practical, and others weren't so practical. RE was great about getting it all to work as seamlessly as possible.

He was also very fast! Sometimes I wouldn't get a chance to look at his latest version until late at night, so I'd sent him another round of tweaks and he'd have them done and sent back lightning quick.

He was very professional and very creative at the same time --- he has a good sense of how a fantasy land's geography might affect its culture and economy.

He was one of the most pleasant, efficient people I've ever worked with! I certainly hope to write more novels, and I'm not the only one --- most of the other authors I meet write thrillers or romance, but fantasy is doing reasonably well as a genre. I will be sure to refer them to the Cartographer's Guild (and RE in particular) whenever the subject comes up! I'll also post here when the book comes out --- I've given the mapmaker credit on the copyright page, with the specific note that he retains the right to display the map as an example of his fine work!