Quote Originally Posted by Schattenherz View Post
Thanks for your comment
Mh... maybe I could go back and make some of the buildings bigger... I really have to admit that I haven't paid much attention to some size issues.
The scale of the close-up view is indeed 1px = 1m. You're absolutely right then, some of the buildings are very small, even smaller than 10*5m. I'm thinking about whether this is really not plausible. Even 5*5m are a not overly small room in which I could imagine a hearth, maybe a table and some places to sleep; if the building has more than one floor it would be as big as my flat So enough to live in for a family. Especially as buildings of that size are mainly in the poorer quarters of the city.
The buildings which are smaller than that could be sheds, kitchens outside of the main building orbuilding extensions of some sort.
Does that sound convincing? Nevertheless I'll check the sizes and may make some of the buildings in the northern part of Merridia bigger... that's no great deal.
I'll also do some research on city walls

Thank you, too, mearrin69
I am not an expert in buildings of ancient ages, but it seems unlikely that a multi-story building could have a footprint of only 5*5. Remember also that those are the external dimensions, you should also consider the thickness of walls (so 5*5 would maybe be 4*4 in the interior). Moreover, even if in a medieval-early modern city the poor could be tightly crammed, it still appears unlikely to me that within a densely populated city they would live mainly in detached houses. And, it comes to my mind now, if they are so poor and short of real estate, why do they keep all that courtyards and gardens in between their houses?
Of course this are just very minor things, the map is still fantastic.