Thread: FT 3 Update to 3.09 released - looks like waldronate has been hard at work! THANK YOU

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I tried to edit above, but the loading wheel just kept moving.

I've just uninstalled the update (3.09) and the original install and noticed that the original install was 3.02, not 3.00 as I posted previously.

EDIT: And now I've tried various combos of reinstalling, all meeting the same error - even when I just reinstall the original file I downloaded - the 3.02 version. Are there some registry entries you can point me to to manually remove? Are there any cfg files left outside the install folder (which appears to have been nicely removed when uninstalling each time)? Any suggestions are appreciated.

EDIT 2: I deleted two FT3 related entries in the registry that I found searching for profantasy. I'd noticed, as well, that despite being fresh installs, each time I ran FT3 it would automatically reopen the last file I had used. Deleting these two registry entries seems to have broken that cycle, and, for the first time since fiddling with 3.09, it created a new random world on opening. I was then able to reload/refresh at will. Loading the old map (saved and loaded several times from within 3.02) recreates the same problem (crashing on making a new map/exporting images, etc). I tried the only other file I had from 3.02 (made in it and saved out of it, with modifications) which created the same issue. I'm attaching that file (zipped) in case it's ever needed for followup. The quick results of an multi-part image export are looking good, and once that's done, I'll try saving/reloading to see if that's working - and it seems to. t10a.zip
    Last edited by guyanonymous; 10-31-2011 at 05:18 PM.