Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Feel free to dive in if you see an area you would like to do and start a thread with your WIP. Its that simple.

Torq

heh - sorry, My brain is even more simple. where am I diving?

Am I looking on the wiki for an area or is therea place on CG?
    All I see on the wiki is texted descriptions of places - some with finished maps am I choosing from there?

I was thinking there would be a region like the one at the start of this thread (which all look like they are taken) - can you post a link to where I should be looking to choose from?

no rush as I've got other stuff to do first, but just wanted to know where to look.

Cheers
    jez

Blog Entries

I would start with this list...

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/In...CWBP_Index.htm

this map (click for large version)...

...and have a look at some of the list links. If you wanted a new area thats not been done at all (dull brown ones) then just post a wip thread and start on it. If one has only ever been slightly mapped and then discarded then you can take that after posting that you would like to and then wait for about a week to see if theres any objections. Probably none tho. You can take any missing cities or towns or make up a new one if you so desire but there's so many with nothing mapped that its unlikely that you would need to unless you had a good story and a missing piece to fill in.

If you do start anything, try to keep with the thread naming convention and then it will automatically get indexed into the above thread at some stage.

Also, if you need any templates for the exact borders to the tile, or some basic 3D terrain (I know you will...) then just ask as I have them all chopped up and ready. You dont have to stick exactly to the tile but just check with neighbors if you want to change anything that might affect them.

EDIT -- The numbering for the tiles is a little odd. Heres a link to Torqs tile numbers...

...with extra numbers tacked on down the right liek this...
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-25-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@RedRobes - Area 23 is actually mine now
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Sure, these images are out of date. It was just to show the extra numbering down the right hand side. The best source of who has what is from the WIP thread index as that's where the effort is being tracked. Even some of the brown tiles have notional owners who have done some text or mapping on them. They have just never got to a state thats even a basic WIP map for it.

Steel, your tile thread is in the index and the map is on the overview image. Dont worry

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Oh I wasn't worried, just wanted make sure everything was up to snuff
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Hi - oh right - thanks for that!

Looks like I missed your eariler post - I just saw this one and thought all areas have an owner - I guess that's what confused me.

does that mean some areas in brown have been dropped? I'll have a look over when I get a bit of time Hopefully get some work in progress up sometime within the week.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jezelf View Post
    does that mean some areas in brown have been dropped?
    Yes, there were some that were promised and then we never heard much from that user any more like DarkOne on region 2, then a few more where there was a promise to make a map which never transpired. The idea of CWBP is to just add to it and keep the continuity where possible. You dont have to ask permission for stuff though it would be a wasted effort if two people did the same map. But most of the brown areas haven't had any progress for months. Its a safe bet to just run with whatever you want now. Like Steel has mentioned the map they he took was done but it wasnt finished so it became taken over and he started a new one and progressed that area further.

Guild Journeyer

I sent DarkOne a PM asking if it was Ok to take over and I heard back today. Said been busy on work for a few months and is returning to here soon.

So for me, I'll be looking at area 29 instead of 2&3 and will post up a an announcement in the abandoned maps thread regarding this.

Hi all, I am back after completing a major project yesterday. I just taking a week's break to relax the brain before I get back into my hobbies again.

I still have the idea I wanted to do for region 2 & 3, so I start soon working on the maps using GIMP using RobA's tutorials. We'll I like his style.
    Last edited by DarkOne; 09-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Welcome back!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast