Thread: Opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Its very pretty.

A little too vibrant for a satellite image but that may not matter.

I like the continent shape.

Some of your rivers, especially on the north eastern mountain range, seem to run without regards for your elevation.

Your oceans seem a little small compared to earth, again may not matter. I tend to think that if the land\water has been around a while thin oceans will either widen or dry up.

But it's very pretty. How did you make it?
    The back side of the globe is mostly water so it balances out the relatively small and shallow seas on the near side. The attached image shows pretty much a similar state with certain views of our own globe.

This image was done in Fractal Terrains Pro in about an hour or so by application of a little brushing, a little basin filling, a little bit of incise flow, and using the Image Climate shader with the old example image I did way back when (http://www.ridgenet.net/~jslayton/Sample.bmp is the image used with the shader).

My goal was to show that there is a world of difference between raw data as generated by the FT fractal algorithms (which are pretty poor in absolute terms) and a little bit of human intervention. Next on my agenda is to put in a little more time and add countries, roads, text, and cities.
    Attached Images Attached Images