Thread: [Award Winner] Fractal Terrains Pro Tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

When painting into the prescale offset channel you must use the prescale offset tools. The tools on the palette are only for the offset channel, not the prescale offset channel (it's confusing, I know). Those tools are found on the Tools>>Paint Values>>Prescale Land Offset, Tools>>Paint Raise>>Prescale Land Offset, and Tools>>Paint Lower>>Prescale Land Offset menu items. I recommend just picking one of the tools and using the Operation dropdown on the toolbar to change between Value, Lower, and Raise.

On other thing is to make sure that you have the most recent version downloaded from the ProFantasy site (it should be 2.3.0.8 or later).

If the problem persists be sure to contact ProFantasy tech support and Linda should be able to help you.

Tutorial PDF Tutorial

Hi, All.

I have repackaged waldronate's great tutorial as a PDF document and have attached it to this post.

Regards,

Gary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fractal Terrains Pro Tutorial.pdf 
Views:	5218 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	12090
    In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.
    © May 29, 1980

Guild Apprentice

Hello All,

Yesterday I decided to start the mapping project for my D&D campaign. Previously I had built a setting using FT Pro and then exporting to CC2 for area maps and the results were decent.

I am new to the site and found this tutorial on FT pro and I learned more in my 4 hour session last night than I had previously understood about using FT Pro.

I followed along with the tutorial and the results were great until I hit a small snag after applying the rivers. After the rivers were drawn in , there were 2 rivers in parallel that were straight lines cutting from one continent over the ocean to the other continent on my map.

It doesn't appear this happens when I export to world views in .jpg format, but when viewing the flat projection in FT Pro, these two river "lines" are visible.

Has this happened to anyone before using FT pro and is there a way to fix this?

Thank you,
    Torius