Thread: Maps needed for the New Horizon RPG - paying job

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    If your interested in a hand drawn(or possibly pseudo hand drawn....as in me making a number of symbols and re-using), I might be open to the world map. My biggest issue is with timing.. if your flexible for 2-4 months, this would be something I would love to do(mainly to just be motivated to do something...)

Most of my maps are unfinished, but should still give you somewhat of an idea of what you can expect:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...on-of-Baldimar
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...Principalities

I will say, there are many more talented artists here and who can probably finish faster.
    Thank you, but I am in need of much higher quality (no offense).
    And I am known to pay well for the quality I require.

Check out the new Starter Guide 2.0 we now have available at ur webpage and you'll see what quality I usually go for...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysekoid View Post
    Thank you, but I am in need of much higher quality (no offense).
    Well....I was going by a few of your links, namely styles of your first linked overland map as well as the first and third city maps of which I could could easily accomplish. I could also come close to your second link, but again, I tend to prefer the hand drawn look and don't generally want to do city style maps. Now, if you had said that is not the style you are looking for, that would have been a totally different matter. I know the style I play with is not something everything likes just like there are plenty of styles I don't particularly like. Especially given that both of those are still WIP's as opposed to finished pieces(and likely Baldimar is the only one that will get finished.. eventually)

Speaking of which, I wonder(not blaming you, so please don't take offense!) if that image is a possible a copyright violation. That image was created by one of our own here at Cartographers Guild

In any event, I was more throwing out there as a "last resort" as I know there are plenty of better cartographers but I also know many of them are solidly booked. So, since you have interested parties who could likely do faster and closer to a style you want in the end, no harm no foul....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.