Thread: The EN World FREE Map Request Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm going to go with most of them being too busy...we're kinda double-booking all the regular contributers right now with the monthly contest and the CWBP.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I'd like to thank Jaerdaph for the plug. I've been a long time fan of the site, and lurker, but, my artistic talents are ... negli... negil...neglig... just damn bad.

If anyone is interested, I'd love to see some battle scale maps of a jungle beach.

Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Yes. Although, not quite for my original plan. However, as a Scarlet Brotherhood encampment, it's perfect.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Glad it was useful. Are you using this in a face to face game, or using a VTT?

VTT. Been using OpenRPG for years now. My group is wrapping up their current campaign in a month or two and I get a swing at the plate with the Savage Tide AP. STAP's great, and the web enhancements are jammy for running online, but, they're a bit shy with some basic battlemaps for anything that's extra.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Fair enough. This one was done for use within maptool, another VTT. I have to say I prefer it as they have a lot of vision and light built in now, so my party had a lot of fun running through the forest and hiding behind trees to avoid being shot by guards. I don't know how well OpenRPG handles that sort of stuff, but here's a screenshot of this map in use:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoveInUse.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	654.1 KB 
ID:	3347

This is the GM view. The players can't see the area that is shown here in darker grey. On mouse-over you get an idea of what Magnus can see, and if there is an enemy behind a tree he won't see them. Equally, it makes figuring out degrees of cover really easy.