The town of Cliffton was founded by the Janson Family in 1753. Gregory Janson, well renound builder and heir to a very rich father, moved his family; Wife, Mary Florence Bransmith and their 5 boys, Henry, John, David, Edward and the youngest Bronson, to establish a new settlement south of their home in Hounston. With his wealth, Gregory hired many trade workers to get the small town started. It took several years to finally establish a working town. They named the town Cliffton, as they founded it on the Northern Cliff of the Three Cliff Sisters, hoping to, one day, build on all three cliffs, the roads on the other two cliffs were already built as trade routes to both Hounston and the southern city of Bringhamston. After just 13 years, the population grew for the established 76 people, to 253. At the time, most of the housing buildings were split into several homes for seperate families.
Places of interest:
1. Lord Janson Manor - Lord Gregory Janson, was given the title of Lord soon after establishing the town and in honour of the title given, some of the workers volunteered to build a Manor fitting for title and big enough to house his family. It was finished in November 1757.
2. North Road - The North Road was built several years earlier as a connecting road between Hounston and Bringhamston to the south.
3. Western Markets - The Markets were one of the first set of buildings established, after most of the housing, to accomedate the traveling traders between the cities to the north and south.
4. Cliffton Farm - The Farms were established by Henry, the eldest Janson son, he lives there with his Wife Victoria Maree, with their young boy Gregory.
5. First Docks - The Docks were built during 1758 after it was found that the surrounding waters and rivers were streaming with fish. It quickly became a key industry in the establishment of the town.
6. Northern Briddge - The Northern Bridge was built several years before the founding of the town, as part of the Trade Route between the cities to the north and south.