Thread: Wandering Star - The Town of Helen's Reach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the compliment. It's a style I've been tinkering with for a couple of months now. What will be interesting is to see how well the style works for dungeon maps.

As for the details, it's more of a town than a city, with a population of somewhere around 3,500. I haven't really put any thought into the scale, so I suppose you could say that it's "scaled to plot."

I put the map together specifically for the 4E D&D game I'll begin running in the next few weeks. In accordance with the dictat handed down by the central committee that all 4E games take place in a "points of light setting," Helen's Reach is a town that was once a city. Thus, it's somewhat larger in size than the population would normally imply. A fair number of those blocks are mostly abandoned I'd reckon.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Beautiful map, and a very distinctive colour scheme. Excellent job.

Lovely style, colors are extraordinary. I want to map like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
    Lovely style, colors are extraordinary. I want to map like that!
    All you need is a vector graphics program (I use CS2), a raster graphics program (I use GIMP2) and plenty of free time to fiddle.

Oddly enough, I tried to port that style to a dungeon map and found out that the match-up didn't work so well working so well.

I don't know how I missed this before - very cool!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Hi

Very cool map keep up the good work