Thread: Terra Patria - Novice Map Effort

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Gumboot's Avatar

Been a bit busy working on "The Hobbit" recently, but pickups have all finished, so turned my attention back to my map for a bit. I am pretty happy with the colouring now, so I've moved in to focus on one particular nation for the higher level of detail (1px = 200m).

An update of the enlarged map area as it currently stands at reduced resolution, plus a segment at full resolution...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terrador Update.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	56632

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terrador Update Detail.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	636.5 KB 
ID:	56633

Bit of background info for anyone who is interested;

This area is a medieval kingdom called Terrador, located in a Mediterranean climate, about the size of France. In the south it is bordered by the Shattered Marches mountain range, while to the east a series of high moorland leads into the deserts of western Samulia. The kingdom serves as a location for a series of books I am writing, with opening events centred on the unusual geographic feature along the Southern Marches where a bowl of land (dominated by a large lake) is formed by two mountain spurs - the long-eroded remnants of an enormous ancient volcanic crater. This region, known as "The Vale", features the feudal territory of Guldoke County to the west, while the eastern half is the southern-most extent of Estansi Duchy.
    Last edited by Gumboot; 08-04-2013 at 08:19 AM.