Thread: Old Man Danvers' Farm (Hi, I'm new here!)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did ProFantasy ever get the antialiasing filter for image exports done? It would be nice not to have to export at high resolution and then filter the image down to get rid of the jagged edges. Sure, it's just blur 0.7 pixel radius, resize, then unsharp mask 0.7 radius. But it's the principal of the thing, making me work harder than I think I ought to have to...

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    Did ProFantasy ever get the antialiasing filter for image exports done? It would be nice not to have to export at high resolution and then filter the image down to get rid of the jagged edges. Sure, it's just blur 0.7 pixel radius, resize, then unsharp mask 0.7 radius. But it's the principal of the thing, making me work harder than I think I ought to have to...
    I'm not sure....mostly cause what you are talking is Greek to me Now, if we were talking packet loss across an ATM Network and Burst Rates, and BINs for ADSL versus ADSL 2+ and 6Meg, well, then I might understand
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    The answer appears to be "no"-- either that or I simply don't have it turned on, possibly because I'm having to export as a bitmap and then crunch to png afterward, as the png exporter in CC3 doesn't appear to generate a standards-compliant png. (They may or may not be using a built in Windows or .NET library; I do not know). I can't get a png generated by cc3 to display in on my Mac in either Firefox or Preview.

I don't mind exporting and resizing-- I generally use ImageMagick to do that sort of thing easily and quickly (and given that it looks like ImageMagick ships with cc3, I may well be able to build appropriate cc3 scripting to do it all automagically on export, but I'm a good ways away from trying a stunt like that), but it does bother me a little that the png generator seems b0rken.

Returning to Old Man Danvers and his farm, I put the stream in that I was meaning to do, and did a little texture work on the two green blobs-- right now they're two different textures, as I'm trying to decide which I like best-- and the answer may well be "neither." I'm trying to avoid turning both brown and putting in rows of thousands of little shrub symbols, though.

I also have not yet found a scarecrow symbol.

You could do as I do. Save as PNG and then just resave the PNG in another program.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    You could do as I do. Save as PNG and then just resave the PNG in another program.
    At least at present, all my "another programs" are on a Mac or a Linux machine; I traditionally only kept Windows around for games-- and now, for cc3. It does look like the Windows version of ImageMagick is bundled in with cc3 and I've got pretty good fu with that, so if it's not what's making my PNGs not work in the first place, I may be able to use that.