Thread: Temporal Comet Strike world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Updated map...

An update on the map, showing a wider area around the equatorial zone. I filled the crater with a lake, placed to shattered ground ripples in the desert beyond the mountain range from the crater area. More mountains, shattered the mountains too. The darker green forests around the rift waterway are swampy regions. Got a bunch of 1 pixel wide rivers and some .5 pixel tributaries. Note some jungle in the mountains too.

Update so far...

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comet-strike-update.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	751.8 KB 
ID:	4823  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow! That's pretty cool. Nice work.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Post Another tutorial in mind...

When I complete this map, I think I am going to create another Xara Xtreme tutorial - the techniques I use to create regional/continental maps, including forest texturing and layering, mountain creation, canyons, cut rivers and more.

Again, I know the number of users for Xara here is 1, maybe two if you count Ravs using Serif DrawPlus, which is the closet app to Xara Xtreme, but there might be some techniques that can cross into other apps - GIMP, Illustrator...

I really am trying to convert more users to apps like Xara Xtreme.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

FINE!!!! I'm downloading it ...

But if it don't have a magic "Instant Map" button .... I'm going to be VERRRYY Disappointed!!!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Well.. there isn't an "Instant Map" button, but I do like the speed with which it handles itself... but... what exactly are the advantages of this over say ... Illustrator?

It came together nicely GP. Although the rivers look a little "hacked" in, but I imagine you are going to clean those up. How in the world do you do .5 pixel??? I didn't think that was even possible since a pixel is the smallest display unit.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.