That's what I meant about differences! When I saw the "1/3" up front, my jaw dropped thinking you were losing money, but, as you said, with digital art, I guess you don't have many of those And I never thought of things like fonts and graphics as expenses.

In digital artwork, do you account for wear and tear on your equipment as an expense?

Like, uh... (trying to look at this from a digital-art perspective)...

If you spend, say, $1500 on a new laptop which you use for your art. That's an expense. Obviously you can't charge one patron for that, but... Say you use your computer half of the time for your art and the other half for .. other stuff... that's $750. If you keep the laptop for 3 years (?) that's $250 a year. If you get 30 patrons per year, then the expense for one patron, for use of your equipment, is about $8.

Same thing for tablets/accessories, pens/papers for sketches, etc... it's not a lot, but it adds up if you don't include it.

I'm glad you have only had a few bad ones. And you're right, an email IS a (legal) agreement, but really, in art, we can't FORCE a patron to purchase something, but...

I don't know ... They don't always *know* that, and contracts tend to encourage them. I don't ever get any clients online, so I've never really tried a simple email solution

(I'm not very technologically advanced!)

Anyway, thank you for sharing your system! It sounds like it works pretty well!