Yes that would be the case. You should still be somewhat careful tho. People should have the expectation that if they are doing a community world building project then the expectation is that at the end they could share everything. If someone else took your race and did some work on it and then released it with some maps and bundled it all up as CC BY-SA-NC then the next person would reasonably think that everything in that package was CC. So I think if you are going to let people use your work you should release it as CC for the project. Since your the original owner of the first entity then you can release your own work in many ways. You can use it yourself commercially and also release it as CC. Tho once released as CC you cannot stop people from using the CC version as per the CC rules. So tho non commercial, they could still share it.

What CC is a license that says in effect, tho I own the copyright to the work as I am the original author of it, I am licensing it for the following uses (sharing etc) on condition that it is shared in with the same rights as the original CC (share alike) and that you cannot profit commercially from it. Your work can be licensed as many times in as many different ways as you want so long as its yours to license. The point of the CC is that once marked (and assuming that its validly marked) then it gives people the right to use it in that manner without them having to ask you if they can use it in that manner. Once its out there marked as CC tho and people pick it up like that you cant then retroactively say later - hey my book is doing well but I cant get a publishing deal now cos the publishers want no shared licenses of this work out there so ill take my CC rights back.

But it also means that the CWBP project cannot be copied to another site / forum / company etc and sold for profit legally. There has been numerous, countless examples where public domain material has been hijacked. Just look at the wealth of pictures of 18th century paintings that are copyright because the painting is not copyright but the photo of it that you get to see is and nobody gets to see the original any more. Copyright is clearly written so that if you take a photo of public domain work and you publish that photo then it should be possible to take that photo and republish it. But thats not how the law is interpreted due to extreme corruption. So public domain is worthless now hence CC started so that the rights are still owned but that the automatic grant of use is given with restrictions.