Thread: Space Station 13 - NSS Exodus

Wip Space Station 13 - NSS Exodus

Hello there! I've just joined this forum after looking at some of your best maps.
    Now, while those people have skill, I'm still merely a beginner, so I went for something less artsy and more practical. I'm not really sure it fits on this forum, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Here is an overview map of the NSS Exodus, a map used in the game Space Station 13, on the Baystation 12 branch. The map is heavily WIP, and at the moment, a bit outdated, since the whole engineering sector has changed. This map is meant to help new users get a good feel of where everything is.

Here it is: (warning: 66megapixels in size) http://puu.sh/7kZ7J.png

Now I realize it's not too great, but I'd still appreciate some feedback. If you wish, you could also have a shot at mapping the station, since I think it's a great thing to map.
    Last edited by Tudoreleuu; 03-07-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Community Leader Gracious Donor ravells's Avatar

Very nice, Tudor. Sorry for the wait to see your post which was because it needed a moderator's approval as it was your first one and had a link in it, so we had to check it wasn't spam. I see you've posted the same material twice probably because you thought that your first post disappeared into the void! I've merged them into a single post for you.

Are you intending to detail all the single colour areas too? Welcome to the guild, btw.

I've played a bit of Space Station 13, it's a fun game that, and a fun platform, I haven't gotten around back to playing it again though due to other things, but eventually i'll get back to it - unless the new version of Dwarf Fortress comes out, then I won't be seen for about a month.
    Anyway, ignore that, and, welcome to the guild!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Unfortunately, I'm not making the detailed areas from the single-colour areas, but the other way around. Sorry for disappointing.

Wow. That's an impressive map! What software are you using? I have a sci fi RPG project on the back burner and some of those icons and backgrounds would be nice for ship deck plans, etc.

This is very cool - I have been looking for a good space station design and this is the one that is closest. Excellent detail work.

Hi! While there are a lots of details, it is very hard to see where are the corridors. It's like if there was none. I wouldn't have the patience to do this kind of work (congrats), but I think I would lighten the details and focus on something more cleaner to see some of the important part of the station.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WOW... that is impressive. Have some rep
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.