Thread: The Western Kingdoms - by Greason Wolfe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Still refining the mountain building/rendering process, but feel as though I am very close. Worked up these mountains tonight. There are a couple that I may need to tweak just a bit, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the way they look. I'm thinking that I have at least 27 more to do, if not more, before I set them up as brushes (or tubes in the case of my archaic version of Paint Shop Pro) and start working them into the map, so I'm figuring I have a few more days worth of work ahead of me just in setting up the mountains. Once those are laid in, I'll start working on the more unique mountains (i.e. multiple peaks, plateaus, cliffs, and so on). Same basic process, I think, but maybe a few extra steps to get the right look. I think the fundamental process will also work with hills, and possibly even forested lands. I'll have to work the shading differently, and, perhaps, the render, but I'm confident that it shouldn't be too difficult to get what I'm looking for.

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample Mountains.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	62446  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges