Thread: The Western Kingdoms - by Greason Wolfe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the kind words so far, and, given that you all seem to like the wave effect as it is, I won't do much to change it except maybe to create a tiny bit more separation between the waves and the actual coast line. I've been at work all day and haven't had a chance to work on this yet other than a slight bit of line work on the coast lines to make them stand out just a little more clearly in an effort to keep the smaller islands from disappearing. It's a very subtle thing, so I'll save it for when I've done a bit more work on the map as a whole.

@Lyrillies - I have done quite a few renders in an older version of Terragen (version 0.9.whatever...) but because I'm on an older computer system, they tend to take hours and hours when I'm trying to render them at a decent size. I did get some really good mountain renders a while ago, and have a couple two or three challenge maps that were rendered in terragen, but, as I mentioned, I'm now leaning towards rendering individual elements in terragen rather than the entire map.

GW

P.S. If anyone is interested in how I got the coast lines to look the way they do, I'll be happy to explain it. It's a pretty simple process, though it does require Wilbur.

P.P.S. Figured I'd go ahead and post the minor tweaks while I had a little time. As I said earlier, they are subtle and meant, for the most part, to keep the smaller islands from disappearing. Also posted the map and what I expect to be the final size for the sake of being able to see things a bit more easily.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Western Kingdoms - WIP 03-15-14.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	536.7 KB 
ID:	62337  
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 03-15-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Adding Image
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges