Thread: The Western Kingdoms - by Greason Wolfe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So I spent my evening tweaking the erosion process in Wilbur and the rendering process in Terragen in an effort to get just a little more out of these mountains. A lot of results got discarded, but I hit on 3 that, IMHO are pretty decent. At this point, I'm leaning towards the second or third of these results, but thought I would toss them up here to see what others think. I might need to do a little additional tweaking in the rendering process, but these are pretty darn close to what I've been aiming for in the long run.

The only real difference between the three of them is the number of times I ran fluvial erosion (precipiton in Wilbur) over the mountain before sending it to Terragen. The left most mountain got 15 passes, the center got 10 passes and the right most got 5 passes. I've come to the conclusion that anything more than 15 passes washes away too many little details that give the mountains character, leaving behind something more cone-like than mountain-like.

Thoughts? Comments? I'm always open to suggestions.

GW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample Mountains 02.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	62475  
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges