First, congratulations to all those who participated. I think that this challenge's subject is a really difficult one, maybe a main competition one, so this month, in my opinion, the silver compass has some golden streaks.

I was uncertain whether to cast a single vote, to give more weight to the choice; in the end, I could not resist and I gave three (shame on me): Madcowchef , TheHoarseWhisperer and The_Buce they all just deserved a vote, in my opinion.

My favorite map of this contest is Madcowchef ‘s Storytelling a Fairy Tale; beyond the safe artistic quality, I was surprised by the inexhaustible imagination in the iconical representation of most tropes of fairy tales. And I won't easily forget the bad idea evil eye (who alone could get my vote and simpathy).

The final touches of TheHoarseWhisperer’s map have convinced me to give this map a vote. It was an already really good job without the final refinements; with the medallions, the new texts and maybe the parchment, it’s now an amazing mix of illustration and texts, I couldn’t avoid to vote.

Hansel& Gretel by The_Buce: I like the map as a whole, an incredible all hand drawn work. The border is just wonderful, and reminds me of the painstaking work of the Carthusian monks. I’m amazed, congrats.

The other finished works are all interesting, in a way or another, so I repped everyone I could.