Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Central Alemnia by Daelin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very cool map.

Beautiful map indeed. The compass and the way it radiates is a really nice touch too. The only thing that I find distracting perhaps is that this map makes me feel kinda.. cold ?

This map is absolutely gorgeous! Already my favorite map. Do you plan to draw someday the rest of Alemnia? I would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollips View Post
    Beautiful map indeed. The compass and the way it radiates is a really nice touch too. The only thing that I find distracting perhaps is that this map makes me feel kinda.. cold ?
    I had the same impression at first. At the south portion (shown in the map) of Thyrimland, there is a jungle, it is probably located in an equatorial position. North of Sethoin is covered by tundra, so, most of the map is between the equatorial line and the subpolar line. Subtropical and tempered zones seems to be the most common zones.

If you were talking about the colors, sorry, my mistake.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CursedLich View Post
    Do you plan to draw someday the rest of Alemnia?
    No. Though my recent map, Southeastern Solvena, could be considered a part of the same world as Alemnia. But how the rest of Alemnia or Solvena or indeed that entire world looks, I have zero idea. The maps are meant as one-offs, and during the making of them, I paid much more attention to the style and look of the map, than the actual geography.

Hobbitt Estates, Greater Kansas City Metro Area, Kansas, USA

gorgeous, absolutely stunning.
    City of Opal Island Map (Featured Map Winner...yay!): http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5966
    Various maps from my Homebrew Game: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5407
    Unless I explicitly state otherwise you have my permission to use my maps in any capacity needed just give me credit. If you make money off them somehow, that's awesome - let me know! In fact, I LOVE to hear about the ways maps I make are used.

Guild Novice

This is one of my favorites! Excellent job

Looks very beautifull , what specific artist did you use for the mountains from that website? For the mountains? to me looks like they mostly used heightmap data, then reworket that but perhaps not ?

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

That's gorgeous - outstanding work. Amazing detail.

Colors are great!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

This is pretty nifty. I like how the gradient in the text (a bit of an ornamented feature) seems to offset the simplicity of the color palette. I dig the mountains and the forests, are there specific tutorials or techniques you used there? I'd be interested in trying my hand at that if so. Great work, thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast