Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Southeastern Solvena

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Default Southeastern Solvena

Yeah, so, of course I was very honored when Central Alemnia was made a Cartographer's Choice. It made me fell all fuzzy inside. But, it also made me think, "know what, I could probably do better". I wasn't quite happy about a few things in Central Alemnia, like the forests, the labeling and other stuff. So I done gone and made another map in the same style. Only this one, I'm much more pleased with. I'd be happy to know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL.jpg 
Views:	1720 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	71749

Banned User

It's beautiful, Daelin. I think the white region names are too faint, hard to read. I also think the forests in CA were much better. These are too hard to tell they are forests. The border is super, and the overall look is just wonderful! I'm really glad you decided to do more of these!!

Oh my, this is nice! Very well done Daelin. The forests suit this piece very well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Great map! I love how you manage the lands and reliefs. The forests are a bit too pale to my taste, but the render is interesting.

This is outstanding! I usually prefer hand-drawn mountains instead of reliefs, but not this time. You've created something amazing. I like the forest colours just fine. I think the muted tone works well with the land colour. And that compass ... absolute quality! Repped.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, that compass is something else. I love the point descriptions! Well the whole thing is full of detail and awesomeness, but that compass really speaks to me for some reason.

Brilliant work!

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

An amazing map! The continental shapes are interesting, the mountains fantastic and i like the colors overall. I have to agree, though, the forests are too pale. The rivers have a very fibrant blue...why not make the forests more green?
    The only thing i am not that big a fan of, is the naming. Overall that is. There are some cool names but also a lot of...weird ones (imo and ymmv).

If i can, i'll rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Daelin's Avatar

Thanks for all the nice words, and the constructive criticism too. It's cool to hear that people have different tastes. Just goes to show that there is no such thing as a perfect map. Hurrah for subjectivity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast