Thread: Altitude and Latitude in Wilbur 1.80.00.00

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ha! Setting Altitude Max is what I was looking for. I clearly was not understanding that interface.

Where do you set the altitude range to be in meters, as you describe? You can't set it in Map Info. And using Filter>>Mathematical>>Span to set it clearly isn't what you're talking about. (Thank God for Undo.)

EDIT-- Actually, that is EXACTLY what you meant. I figured it out. Nice. But now my seas are all a uniform dark blue. EDIT AGAIN-- Aha! I needed to set Abs Min in the sea level texture...

Are you saying that you can use Filter>>Mathematical>>Span to set a sea level, and that you can set it separately in a selection? For instance, to make an endorheic lake that is below sea level or something? Hmmm. I'll have to play with that when I have some time tonight. Likewise the Latitude thingy.

And thanks for the tip on Filter>>Mathematical>>Offset. That's going to come in quite handy.

Next question: The cursor position reading in my bottom bar gets cut off on the right side. Thus, what gets cut off tends to be the thing I want most- altitude at the mouse cursor. Is there a way to fix that? (Heck, just roundingto one decimal instead of four would probably work great for me.) I've tried all the switches in Preferences.

Next Next Question: How do I make the sea one uniform color, for ease of making a sea mask after exporting an image into GIMP? I supose that you could select by height and fill the selection uniformly, but is there a more elegant method?

Next Next Next Question: Is there a way to figure out how much of your world is covered in ocean? Or, for that matter, to select a small continent or other region and get it's area?

EDIT-- I just discovered Map Projection. Awesome. Did I mention that this is outstanding freeware?
    Last edited by acrosome; 05-09-2014 at 05:59 PM.