Thread: Aquilonias and Infernian

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Hmm, I just did a quick calculation based on this last map. If Acarnvas (the small island on the eastern limit of the map) is the size of Britain, then your map stretches from the north pole to just a few degrees south of the equator and aproximately 1/3 of the whole northern hemisphere.

It is a huge continent, then.
    Just saw that there, were you using the first draft (the paint one) or the hand drawn one, cause I might have scaled Acarnvas up a bit (or scaled the rest of the map down depending on how you look at it.) If your using the second one, that's good news to me because I wanted most of the south to be arid/deserty anyway, I'll show which bits are desert hopefully when I get round to detailing that part. Cheers!

EDIT:

A rough 5min sketch of the continent in the planet, hopefully it fits to the proportions you descibed. I sketched in where I want desert areas but I'll do a proper climate map at some point. Not to sure about desert in the north west though, might be too far up. Also threw in ideas for other continent shapes but they won't be too important considering they'll never be discovered in my fantasy world, unless I do a colonial style follow up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desert rough sketch.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	63921
    Last edited by Aquilonian; 05-10-2014 at 07:26 AM.