I've just found another mapping trope.
I was thinking that it looked wrong until I got it upside down. It look much better in my opinion probably because we are so used to have the landmasses in the north. It's arbitrary but it's the same thing here : http://blog.lib.umn.edu/globerem/main/Publication2.jpg

The map could look better (but become less practical for reasons mentioned a long time ago) by using a different projection. (I like mollweide) This is especially true for the poles. They are really distorted.

Is linking the continent (or one of them) to the pole another trope ? I saw this in a couple of maps including one made by -Max- (probably a commission). I would prefer to have an ice bridge. If there is sufficient ice in the north, this is easy to achieve. With some islands, the ice get trapped, does not flow south and take longer to melt. It's just an idea.

I have no problem reworking the tectonics of my continent (the biggest blob) it was too simplistic anyway.

If it's possible it would be nice to also include some part of Thurlor second map.