Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: *** September Challenge - What is your Style? ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    It certainly won't entitle you to twice as many votes
    Heck, I'll be happy if I even get 1 vote.

@RedRobes - I thought it might have something to do with the 2 posts, but I figured when the original was moved it would take care of it.

They look the same to me, so get rid of either one, doesn't really matter. I hope to have an update later today. I'll look at the other thread in the WIP forum and make sure it doesn't have the "### Latest WIP ###" anywhere in it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Heck, I'll be happy if I even get 1 vote.
    ditto.. I will NOT vote for myself, so hopefully I can produce something that at least one other person might like enough to vote for.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Its less to do with the WIP tag in this case and more to do with the list. If you look at this thread post #17 that's the list its using to generate all of the entries. So I can tell it to look in either of your threads. If you don't have a WIP tag then the script bags the last image in the thread anyway. The point of the WIP tag is specifically for when you want to target one image and continue talking about the stuff posting more images or extra content. Its a good idea to put one in every time you want it to be the one shown. And once you put one in then you have to keep putting them in to tell it to move to the latest tagged image. So right now its pointing at thread 2887 which is the second attempt. Ill run the thumbs script now...

Know the feeling Ravells.....been on holiday for a week and everyones atarted without me....better get my skates on

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    ditto.. I will NOT vote for myself, so hopefully I can produce something that at least one other person might like enough to vote for.
    Heh my hopes as well
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

As of this posting there are 27 entries...are we gonna stay with the 2 votes or maybe up it to 3? As an aside, maybe there could be a way where we give out x amount of points, say 3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, and 1 for 3rd...sort of like the AP poll for college football...or just give 6 people 1 point each Just a thought, I've no idea if it could actually be programmed or not.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post I think its 3 normally

I think the first time we had multi-vote poll on a challenge the choice was pick 3 maps and the vote was equal not weighted in order of preferences. The goal being finding the optimal best choice from among multiple voters with counts for each individual vote. The one with the most single votes wins.

Last month was only two, because there were so few choices.

I'm sure it will be at least 3 for this month's challenge.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

I would say, vote for the top quarter of the pack. So that would be about 6 votes this month. With a lot more people voting this time I would think that there would be many many votes to count but the overlap of them all should sort it all out. Its worked in the last few months this way and was brought in to combat the effect last time we had so many entries and one vote each.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmm...the current plan is to go three votes with public voting on. So you get three votes and everyone can see what you voted on. 6 votes huh? sure thats not a bit excessive? I guess it depends on how many voters.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast