Thread: Hello All

Guild Applicant

Default Hello All

Hi. I'm not terribly sure what to write here, so forgive me if I ramble on. As you can see my username is RagingBluMunky, though you can address me by any element of that name, I'm not terribly picky. (Wow that sounds very snooty, sorry) When it comes to cartography, I'm pretty inexperienced. I mostly create maps for D&D campaigns or novels (that I start, but never end up finishing, but I'm hardly unique in that respect). I hand draw my maps, Mostly because I enjoy it, but partly because I'm rubbish with computers.

Well, that's a brief introduction, I hope I didn't ramble too badly. I'm looking forward to being part of this community.

Welcome to the Guild, RB!

You may not be adept at computer use... Yet. But if you're interested enough in a subject, oooh say a certain map style you want to emulate - well, you'll be surprised how you progress. Have you taken a stroll through the tutorial forum to see if anything piques your interest? Not that anything's wrong with hand-drawn work - some of the best maps you'll see here are hand drawn.

No, I lie ... The majority are hand drawn. Digitizing pen or mouse, in hand....

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Guild Applicant

Thank you for the warm welcome. I must admit, though I never seriously considered making a completely digital map, the community seems very helpful and knowledgeable, so I may just give it a try.