Thread: Seeking an authentic and antiquated map.

Default Seeking an authentic and antiquated map.

Hello cartographers,

My name is Christopher Morton. I’m a writer working on a book. The book has not been optioned by a publishing company. It is simply a labor of love at this point, with hopefully the potential to go somewhere in the future. With that said this project is intended for commercial purposes. This first commission will be for a single overview map. This project is intended to be a collaborative process and will likely lead to additional work down the road.

Payment is negotiable.

Subject

I’m looking for a small scale map (broader continental view). I’m fond of having a larger continent in the upper left that runs off the page. Islands would be located in the middle of the map and another smaller continent can be found in the lower right hand corner.

Example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world-map3.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	68489

Style

I am looking for a cartographer to craft an authentic and antiquated map.

Examples of styles that fit the bill are:

Ascension-
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/tu...photoshop.html

or

-Max-
    Cartographers' Guild - Selvarin by -Max-

Both are beautifully crafted and meet the aesthetic I am looking for.

Quality & Size

I am looking for a high quality map. I hesitate to say professional because at this point the payment is coming out of pocket and rates are negotiable. With that said I have zero intention of lowballing any potential artists. I just have to work within a budget.
    Map dimensions are unknown to me at this time. Hopefully, I can work out details such as this with an experienced mapmaker.
    Time Constraints
    At this point in time I do not have a deadline. I am looking for something sooner rather than later but we can work out a reasonable timeframe for the completion of this project once we work out some of the maps specifics.

Copyright

My intent is for this to be a living breathing world that will change over time. The initial map may at some point change due to events within the book and for this reason I am looking for the full copyright of the map. As stated above, this is a personal work at the moment but my hope is that at some point this world and the stories I write into it will become publishable work. I want full control of that world and the maps associated with it.

Contact Details

I can be reached at cmmorton.300 – at – gmail.com.
    (Replace the – at – with @)

Thank you for taking the time to read my inquiry and I look forward to hearing from you.

V/r,
    Christopher Morton

Thank you to everyone that has responded! Some beautiful maps and very talented people here!