Thread: Boyz and their Toyz

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

That david scanner looks cool and pretty simple to set up. Have you any experience of using it ? I can see how the calibration would work to get you camera field of view and so on. I would have thought that the position of the laser would make a difference. Perhaps it uses the line on the background printout to get the laser plane... anyway kudos to him for making that easy and cheap.

You were all asking for a pic of the set up so here it is. I took one today whilst faffing with it. Done a test scan of this mannequin head. I think I could get it better as it seems to be lacking in a bit of detail but I will progress it. On the left pic you can see the power supply, the stepper motor controller and the stepper driver on the top. That goes to the industrial sized stepper motor and toothed belt before going around the platter which is a big aluminum disk on bearings.

And Arcana, what did you have in mind to scan ?

EDIT -- thought id add a face height map for you Bryce / Leveller / Wilbur / etc / anyone else who can make use of it. (Im sure you can see where my dummy from the thatching thread came from now !)
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-15-2008 at 03:25 PM.