Thread: Kingdom of Havran

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How does it not open? Is there an error message?

When I did version checking, it was running on a all of the machines that I have: Win2k, WinXP (SP3), WinXP64, Vista (and I'll do Vista64 one of these days).

The only thing I can think of offhand is that you might have obtained the 64-bit version and are trying to run it on a 32-bit system.

After 2xClick on Wilbur, I get the hourglass for a second, then nothing. I mean absolutely nothing. No error messages of any kind. When I run Task Manager, it isn't listed in either tasks or processes.

I'm going to give it another try tonight by dloading a fresh copy and installing. Will let know what happens.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Finally got Wilbur to work. However, it missed the river tracks in some spots and did not even make rivers in others. The two white ellipses are where Wilbur missed slightly. The two red ellipses are where Wilbur missed entirely. Below is the latest version that I am still working on.

BTW: Found some new software that is supposed to track drainage on a greyscale fractal map, but preferrably DEMs. Instead of trying to find rivers, it finds drainage and watersheds from greyscales (DEMs). Now I need to find some software to convert over to DEMs. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to using it and see what happens.

rmfr

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Finally got it to work. Seems author needed to modify programs code for Vista.

Thanks for the help...

rmfr