Thread: Meerzicht (City Designer 3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just a couple of questions regarding the way that the map is constructed and not on the content of the map:

- Are the towers and walls on different sheets? The shadoows of the towers on the walls seem doubled. I would guess that the are on different sheets to allow for different heights but the double shadows effect is weird. I would recommend changing the length of the shadows on the towers so that they have shadows that are longer than the wall shadows.

- Halfway up the middle vertical wal is a shadow discontinuity (a triangular chunk missing frmo the shadow). Did you export this map at high resolution and then make it smaller or is that where two wall segments join? I ask because that's the sort of artifact that I do not expect in that sort of area.

The design of the city is overall interesting and it may be showcasing some of the limitations of the shadow filter in CD3. I have a bit of a personal stake in the flaws in that particular filter and am trying to figure out if it is a filter code problem or an infrastructure problem.
    Last edited by waldronate; 09-20-2008 at 05:56 PM.