Thread: World Map - Fantasy

Default World Map - Fantasy

Hi all.

I'm looking for a world map for personal use in a DnD campaign. I already have some of the map complete, but lack the time to finish it at the moment. I am not looking for anything more than the map itself, I will add locations and other such things later.

The style I was aiming for was the style in Arsheesh's tutorial, although if you can do something similar I would be happy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i8PyNzJ.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	71120This is the layer mask for the continents. I have not gotten too far in the process of creating the map, I have what you see here, the continental landmass outline, and I have rough mountains added and (if you look at the tutorial) have airbrushed about half. I know how I want the map to look, as I was planning to create it myself. I can provide my current .xcf or alternatively images of what I want the map to look like.

I would prefer to keep the current dimensions for the map which are 4000x4000 pixels. I would also require the project file (.xcf is preferred) when the map is completed. A colour map is required.

I have no time constraints but I would like at least a very general estimate on the time it will take.

I'm not looking to use this map in any other context other than personal DnD games.

Payment is negotiable.

Please contact me by emailing harrisoncook4@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time.
    Harrison

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Hi Harrison,

I may be able to help you out here, as I use GIMP for all my mapmaking. I would be looking to charge a fee for this, but it wouldn't be high considering you don't need labels or locations etc.

Here are a couple of examples of the same style of map that I have created previously. They are slightly different from the Arsheesh tutorial, but I can replicate the style shown there too:

Commission: Aravelle

Realistic Map (WIP)

And here's a very early working image of
    a satellite-style Middle-earth map I'm currently working on:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Middle-earth2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	71121

If you think my style would suit your map, drop me an email: cirias@live.co.uk

Thanks,
    James