Thread: RPG Map Request for Upcoming KS Project

Guild Novice

Default RPG Map Request for Upcoming KS Project

Hi,
    I’m requesting the services of a cartographer for a number of maps to be used in an upcoming RPG module I’m writing.
    This is a combination hex/dungeon crawl, utilizing a small overland map, four encounter maps, and one dungeon map.
    My budget for this project is $500 for the set, paid promptly through PayPal.
    • Letter sized for encounter maps. The square should be 1 inch, giving the GM the option to use the encounter map as a battle map.
    • I want to go with 10'/inch scale rather than 5', simply to give the encounter area greater dimension.
    • Color maps are preferred, although all maps will be gray scaled for printing. The module will be offered as a pdf, though, without grayscaling. The sinkhole cavern (which will go on the inside back cover) should be b/w regardless.
    • Bordering won't be necessary, as I'll probably have to smudge/fade the edging of the maps to fit the margins without losing scale.
    • Looking for reprint rights only, listing you (and your website) in the credits, as well as on each map if you desire.
    • 300 dpi print ready images by mid April.

Descriptions of each map are below.

• Map One--Inside Cover (Overall Area) Hex orientation side up.
    Overland map, hex grid overlay, each hex scaling to 30 miles (looking for 4 hexes, basically, two on top of two)

Top Right Hex: wooded/mountain terrain, with a village symbol, road leading from hex east off map and south into hex below it.
    Bottom Right Hex: wooded/hill terrain, road looping through hex eventually exiting west into the bottom left hex.
    Bottom Left Hex: wooded/hill terrain, road moving eventually northwest into Top Left Hex
    Top Left Hex: wooded/hill terrain, with river originating in mountain terrain flowing south/southwest through wooded hills into Bottom Left Hex.
    Road will cross river to town symbol located by river, and continue (the road) off the map to the west. There should be a small bit of marsh along the east side of the river, north of the road and town. Hills will border the town to the north. The idea is that the river borders the hills, allowing for marsh on the east, and hills to the west of the river, with hills bordering the marsh to enclose it.

Map Two--Encounter One (Wedding Ambush):
    Outdoor map, 10' square grid overlay, road running through the center, forest bordering both edges, grassy area between road and forest on at least one side of the road. Two wagons on road, or pulled just off into the grass. This is where the players encounter a wedding party that has been ambushed by Lizard Men.

Map Three--Encounter Two (Bear Cave):
    Outdoor map, 10' square grid overlay, grassy/rocky area with trees and boulders, sloping up to a cave opening in the hill. No need for an interior of the cave, it's just a one-room bear den.

Map Four--Encounter Three (River Marsh Buffet):
    Outdoor map, 10' square grid overlay, Cliff to the west, 30' marshy strand east of cliff, then river (20' wide at this point), then marsh/tree mix east of the river.
    Specific points of interest--a sinkhole opening near the cliff face, and a fire pit/campfire between the sinkhole and the river.

Map Five--Encounter Four (Sinkhole Cavern):
    Underground map, irregular cavern walls, 10' square grid overlay. Sinkhole opening on east side of map, caverns working their way west (under the cliff) with a chimney (leading up to the clifftop) at the far end, and another sinkhole leading deeper somewhere else. I know I want a main chamber for the creatures, an egg chamber, a storage chamber for stolen merchandise, the sinkhole leading deeper (can be a dead-end passage with this at the end), and a short narrow passage leading to the clifftop chimney.
    Let's go linear east to west: sinkhole entry, main chamber with branching lower chamber for eggs, and a branch for storage nearby. Dead-end passage somewhere leading to deeper sinkhole, and to the west the narrow passage leading to the chimney.

Map Six--Encounter Five (Clifftop Altar):
    Outdoor map, 10' square grid overlay, rocky terrain, cliff drop edge to the east, rude stone/bone altar near cliff edge, chimney to the west (or northwest, or southwest), at least 60-80' from altar.

Please send all interested inquiries to aesop35@hotmail.com

Thank you for interest,

Vince
    Last edited by Maeglyn; 03-03-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Guild Novice

My thanks to all who contacted me about this project; I have now commissioned a cartographer.

Thanks,

Vince