Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: City of the Underworld

Any news on this Domino? This looks great and would love to see it finished. I really like your unique sense of perspective

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Thanks Tainotim, I will hopefully have an update soon but my computer just went down and I just got it back up and running.

Here is an update, I'm not sure if I will be able to color it in time but I think I will have the map outline finished.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city_of_the_underworld5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	77540
    Last edited by Domino44; 11-26-2015 at 09:57 AM.

It looks good Domino.
    Maybe you could go with wide quick washes of color so it wouldn't take as much time.
    Sort of like watercolor. I can offer some help on the technique if you need/want it.

It looks gorgeous, Domino. I do hope you find the time to colour it, because I'd love to see what you do with it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Original and great map! I love the unburied dead, they really look like ghostly shades.

Thanks J. Edward! I just sent you a PM!

Thanks ChickPea, even if I don't have time to color this by the challenge deadline I still want to finish it eventually.

Ilanthar, I actually tried a few things for the unburied dead section and this by far was my favorite! Thanks!

I did a ruin style section for the fields of punishments, I like the way it looks but I thought I would still ask if anyone has any tips or critique to make it better.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city_of_the_underworld6.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	77652

This turned out really awesome Domino! I love the amount of architectural detail on the buildings, and on the rest of the map (the tiny sisyphos is really cool! ). The ruins look very fine to me. Would be interesting to see the map colored if you can find the time, but it's absolutely great as it is in my view.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Awesome work Domino! This really is a unique and creative map. The unburied dead are creepy as hell.

Have you considered adding the "frame" that you included in the first post? Or perhaps something similar? I think it would add that little extra to this otherwise fine work

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Thank you Abu Lafia! I'm glad you noticed the sisyphos, I thought it would be a nice little detail for people to spot.

Tainotim, thank you so much! I'm not sure if I will get to a frame, though I think it could add to the overall look I am going to try and color this before doing that.

I had to work this weekend and I work tomorrow but I hope to get the color in. This is an update of the finished outline.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	city_of_the_underworld7.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	77743

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast