Thread: October Entry: Elven village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Bit of an update...toned down the orange-ishness and added something red and yellow splotchy; added 2 elves; put in all of the huts (you might not seem em since they're under the foliage but when I do up a second version with transparent trees you will see em); and added the shadows for the slats on the railings (neat lil trick there -- ctrl-click the wooden platform layer, contract the selection by 1, go to the paths tab and choose to make a path via selection, then stroke the path with a 3-pixel pencil with 400% spacing, then motion blur, move the layer into precise place, copy 4 times). Might have done some other stuff but I was distracted by my Rams so I don't really remember. This one is just about done...might play around with it a bit or fix anything anyone sees that's glaring.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-08-Cha-Asc-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	7211  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps