Thread: October Entry: Elven village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Red -- sure, when I have it finished I'll do up a copy with the trees turned down to oh I dunno 25-50% opacity...the river bed is a standard Photoshop pattern called gravel with a brownish-orange-gray color overlay set to soft light, the grass comes from one of the sites listed here in the guild (might be cgtextures, not sure though) with color overlays and height mapping, the river waves and trees all come from the Dunjinni forums, the wood comes from a pic of an old door with a black innner glow and light tan color overlay. Oddly enough, none of the trees used in this particular set is an oak or ash or other "normal" elfy tree. If you'd like I could put together a tutorial on how this is coming together, it's fairly program non-specific so GIMPers should be able to follow it as well...it's mostly patterns, glows, and color overlays with black and white shading to add depth The shadows are gonna be real tricky though.

Going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow so I thought I'd put a color mod on the village. I thought it looked pretty cool so here it is. A full layer of straight up orange set to Hue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-08-Cha-Asc-1a.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	7000  
    Last edited by Ascension; 10-10-2008 at 05:32 PM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps