Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
I like the idea G. What I'm trying to figure out is how to make the wall bits seem to stand up higher than the floor bits...don't think a shadow or bevel would accomplish that. Well maybe, I dunno, but also maybe shade the wall bits lighter to make em seem to stand up more? Hrm, maybe a bumpmap run through the lighting effects filter (then set to overlay) or maybe render the basic shapes in Bryce (or something) then import the layer in and set it to overlay. Maybe some lighter shading where the rails are going to be (like in a mine). Lots of ideas to mess around with, not sure any of them would work. Anywho, keep working this one through, I'd like to see what happens.
I agree with this. The walls appear more like slightly raised areas(a-la small hills), perhaps because there was some blur(perhaps an attempt at a shadow already??) done on them and that's messing up the illusion. As ascension said, I don't thing shadow will work just due to the two colors involved are already so dark.

Also, as mmmmmpig said, the tunnels probably have to much texture. Now, in all reality, the walls and the tunnel floors would be made of the same material (probably) and thus should look the same.. but then you have the problem of not being able to make a visual distinction between the two... I feel for you working with such dark colors, but am sure you will figure something out!