Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Back to Easteorra (Overhaul & Coloration)

Great to see you continue with this piece, or better: "overhaul the overhaul"n So many interesting things to see on this map already.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Great to see you work on this beautiful map again, Wired!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Loving all those mountains, Wired. Fantastic linework as usual!

That river system really does stand out, which just makes me all the more curious as to how it fits in!
    I'm going to expand on the backstory a bit with my next update. Just wanted to give all of you a small update and a response between brushing my teeth and leaving for work now.
    Quote Originally Posted by randigpanzrall View Post
    It´s a great project, wired and I see lots of talent, definitively !! Don´t stop before, it´s finished...
    This time I'll finish it. Promised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Great to see you continue with this piece, or better: "overhaul the overhaul"n So many interesting things to see on this map already.
    Thanks, hopefully that won't be the end of it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great to see you work on this beautiful map again, Wired!
    Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTEORRA.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	89677

Just a small update, and I've made less progress than I hoped. I redid those bloody hills like five times before I settled for the somewhat basic but workable version I have now. With some additional fine lineart I can probably still improve on them, though.

Absolutely stunning work. There's so many things that jump at me that I get all warm and fuzzy about. Looking forward to check in just to look at the progress of this map. Have some Rep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EASTEORRA.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	89812

Right now I'm working on the shading and lighting of the hills, though some aspects of coloring the cliffs and mountains aren't done yet. Still a lot ahead of me, but the mountains probably were the biggest part so far. I used a slight outer bevel on the river layer to (hopefully) create a soft illusion of depth there.

Man you do beautiful work, I really like how the forest creep up into the mountains and that lower coastline is really nice, the subtle beach and rock work is really nice. Your mountains and hills are super! I like the bevel on the river, add that depth. I take it the one area is going to be more swampish? the broken rivers? Keep it going! looks great so far.

Those mountains look dark and foreboding. I like it. This looks to be the beginnings of a great map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

It looks wonderful Wired
    The wetland areas look awesome.

Guild Novice

Not one single pixel of this map bores me! This is absolutely stunning work! Your help to really capture the art style of this map, one that I personally find to be well-suited and always a lot of fun to look at, and I think your outer bevel trick on the rivers was a really clever touch you made, as it provides just that little extra depth that I think you were going for.

It seeing artwork like this that inspires me to continue pushing myself.

Excellent work!!!

Well, that much advance praise certainly isn't creating any pressure, none at all, no siree.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast